45th Annual IHFA Premier Bull Show & Sale – Entries Open
Entries are now open for the 45th Annual IHFA Premier Bull Show & Sale.
IHFA PREMIER BULL SALE STANDARDS OF ENTRY
NENAGH LIVESTOCK MART, FRIDAY 3RD APRIL 2020
All entries catalogued will be promoted in IFJ as a Genomic Sale\
• All entrants must be within 60 day TB test
• All animals must be BVD tested
• Bulls showing visible signs of ringworm will not be allowed to compete
MINIMUM STANDARDS OF ENTRY
• Both the dam & g. dam must be classified GP83 or better
• The dam to have a minimum of 600kgs combined fat & protein (total solids)
• Dam on 1st lactation (heifers), a minimum of 500kgs combined fat & protein will qualify
• Pure Friesian dam to have a minimum of 500kgs combined fat & protein (total solids)
• Pedigree Certificates must be issued for all entrants.
• All bulls must be positive on EBI
• Holstein Friesian Classes (born between August 2018 & Feb 2019) (These entries will be divided equally into 4 classes)
• EBI Award in each class
All bulls will be pre-inspected before the sale to determine that they are of a quality standard for a Premier Sale.
To facilitate any extra information, an exhibitor who so wishes may submit any extra relevant information and up to a maximum of three photographs. This information will be printed opposite the bull’s pedigree.
Complete this form and Post / Fax entries to: IHFA, Clonakilty, Co. Cork
Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org (provide animals tag no, your phone no & any footnotes)
Ownership details will be catalogued in accordance with CMMS data.
Entries close FRIDAY 28th FEBRUARY in order to allow for inspections.
ENTRY FEE = €50. If you wish to include an ‘Extra information page’ in the catalogue, there is an additional cost of €30 per page. (Fees will be taken by direct debit)
The Breed Development Committee has limited entries to four bulls per exhibitor. However, the Association reserves the right to further restrict or accept additional entries per exhibitor with reference to prevailing market conditions & protein %.