Johnes Disease Control Programme – 2017/18
Irish Johne’s Disease Control Programme
An Overview of this new Animal Health Ireland Iniatitive
Animal Health Ireland has launched a National Control Programme to tackle Johnes Disease.
There are two components to the Programme – Phase 1 & Phase 2.
· Open to Herdowners who participated in the PILOT scheme ONLY.
· A.H.I. has issued letters to these herds inviting participation. Herdowners that wish to be involved are encouraged to submit written notice to AHI before the end of 2017.
· Open to non-Pilot scheme Herds
· Opens in 2018
· Limited availability/supports
· Herdowners must submit a written expression of interest to AHI (Forms are available from co-ops & AHI)
Farmer Awareness Workshops will be provided, arranged by milk processors during the Winter months. AHI encourage all dairy farmers to attend to inform themselves of the disease, what’s involved in taking part and the terms & conditions of this Irish Control Programme. Details from your milk processor.
Contact Animal Health Ireland for further information