- This event has passed.
October 12, 2018
Farmex the business of farming is an innovative Agri event at The Hub, Cillin Hill, Kilkenny on Friday October 12th tailored for the new generation of family farmer, farm manager, Agri adviser and technician.
Aside from trade exhibitors, the show will feature eight seminars with over 30 well-known farm specialists. For more information on seminars and speakers, please click here.
It will showcase ground-breaking technology, inspiring uptake of the latest science and field-based skills. Farmex will be introducing a fresh range of innovative products and services, and pioneering new global concepts in management efficiency.
Due to the transformation in the farming industry over recent years it is becoming increasingly apparent that farmers need to be more competitive. Irrespective of their enterprise system and the markets they supply, they need to match both to their available resources, contracts and customers.
Regardless of their cost base, future successful farm businesses must be informed, resilient, proactive and efficient; Farmex the business of farming provides this platform, alongside a recognition that farming today has become a very professional industry.
Farmex will showcase a fresh Agri event that recognises the pressing needs of the modern farming professional. It will allow them to gain maximum exposure to new and exciting industry innovations relevant to their business, despite a large variation in cost base and systems.
1. Family Farm Business Seminar
- Challenges Facing Women in Farming, Paula Hynes
- Planning Farm Buildings – Tom Ryan, former Teagasc specialist
- Renewable Energy for Farms – Pat Smith, CEO of Local Power
- Family Partnership Farming – Alan Jagoe, former Macra President
- Chairperson – Darragh McCulloch, Agri journalist & milk producer
2. Dairy Seminar
- Buffer Feeding the Dairy Herd – Cathal Bohane, Keenan – Alltech nutritionist
- New Entrant to Dairying – Peter Hynes, Dairygold milk producer
- Breeding for Profitable Milk Production – Padraic Greenan, Monaghan
- Alternatives to Rented Grazing & Expensive Silage – Brian Reidy, nutritionist
- Chairperson, Pat McCormack, ICMSA President
3. Beef Seminar
- Beef from the Suckler Herd – Robin Talbot, Laois farmer.
- Profitable Beef Production – Martin Ryan, Glanbia
- Beef from the Dairy herd – Dr Robert Prendiville, Teagasc Grange,
- EU & British Beef Market – Joe Burke, Bord Bia
- Chairperson, Patrick Kent, President ICSA
4. Improving Farming Health, Lifestyle and Safety
- Dr Aoife Osborne, UCD-Research on Farm Health & Safety (TBC)
- Reducing Farm Accidents – Pat Griffin – Health & Safety Authority
- Improving Farm Health – John G.McNamara, Teagasc
- Accident Survivor Testimonial – Peter Gohery, Livestock farmer
- Chairperson, Maura Canning, past Chair of IFA Farm Family Committee
5. Succession on Family Farms
- Land options for Young Farmers – Austin Finn, Macra Feirme
- Family Law and Farm Succession, James Staines-Staines Law
- Optimising Farm Finances and Tax Allowances, Declan McEvoy – IFAC (TBC)
- Family Farm Succession Planning – Claire Walsh, Succession Ireland
- Chairperson, Derry Dillon, Agri & Rural Affairs Manager, Macra na Feirme
6. Animal Health Seminar
- Reproductive Herd Management – Dr Dan Ryan, Reprodoc
- Minimising Mastitis Problems-Frank O’Sullivan MVB, Veterinary Ireland
- Effective Farm Vaccination program, Dr. Doreen Corridan, Munster AI,
- Optimising Animal Health on Dairy Farms – Martin Kavanagh MVB
- Chairperson, Mike Magan, Animal Health Ireland
7. Livestock Crops & Soil Seminar
- Drone Technology for Farmers – Professor Kevin McDonnell, UCD
- Tillage Contracts for Livestock Farming – Shay Phelan, Teagasc specialist
- Minimising Investment & Labour Using Contractors – Michael Moroney, FCI
- Natural Solutions for Soil Fertility, Claire Marlet, Sobac France,
- Chairperson, Chairperson – Matt O’Keeffe, Editor of Irish Farmers Monthly
8. Working Smarter not Harder on Farms
- Saving Hours on Compliance Paperwork, James Greevy, Herdwatch
- Responding to Increasing Labour Demands, Peter Byrne, FRS Networks
- Implications for Farming of GDPR Regulations, Mike Ross, Wizuda
- Clever Drafting & Heat Detection Solutions – Chris Murphy, Saber
- Chairperson, Pat Ryan, Capital Farms Partnership (TBC)